This position will help create and support the company’s trading software services platform. The platform includes client facing programmatic interfaces, common software infrastructure, and user interface infrastructure, and other components. Need 2 – 3 years of experience (doesn’t have to be financial services). Need Linux, SQL, Perl Scripting and Python.
The ASP Technical Operations Engineer Role
ASP Technical Operations is a global team of IT professionals that works in conjunction with Data Operations and Client Services teams to deliver the highest quality service, data and systems integration possible to company’s user base of financial professionals. The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical achievement working with Linux systems, relational databases and web technologies; the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and most importantly a commitment to exceptional team work and customer service. The role involves both supporting deployed production systems and participating in the design and development of enhancements.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Member of an international team of IT professionals responsible for running our hosted ASP, a 24/7, mission-critical financial trading and risk management system.
o Monitoring/troubleshooting large suite of automated processing for market and position data.
o Monitoring overall system performance and reliability, including application/computation, database and communication layers.
o Second-tier user support, assisting Trade Support desk.
• Participate in design and development of software and processes to enhance the breadth, quality, performance and reliability of services offered to clients.
• Collaborate with DBA, Unix Systems Administrators and development teams to further the goals of high quality and reliability of the ASP system.
• Strong Unix/Linux, especially command-line and shell scripting
• DB experience – solid SQL a must, some knowledge of NoSQL a plus.
• Perl scripting – our workhorse language, the more experience the better.
• Outstanding communication, client interaction, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Financial Industry experience preferred.