• Experience a plus, as a supplier of commercial products or distribution in product categories such as paper, plastics, chemicals or other supplies sold into traditional commercial distribution.
• Multi-task both independently and as a member of a team.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills, with a strong understanding and demonstration of marketing and sales concepts.
• Develop and implement marketing strategies that drive sales, support product launch, and improve market positioning.
• Bachelor degree in Marketing or General Management preferred. MBA and/or 1-5+ years of marketing management or sales a plus.
1) Develop customers via outside and inside sales.
2) Develop sales and marketing collateral, including both print and electronic forms, plus website updates and maintenance. Involves detailed product specs and performance data.
3) Develop a sales and marketing database for customers by market segment. Develop monthly and quarterly communications and strategy, including the development of promotional materials and sales promotions, by market sector.
4) Assist in the development of new products based on customer requests, competitive activity, and industry trends.
5) Attend trade shows (3-5 per year) and assist in the marketing and sales functions associated with these shows.
6) Develop relationships with major industry trade organizations and alliances, and/or sales and marketing programs with these groups.
7) Our primary customer base is traditional commercial distributors in the area of janitorial, food service, industrial, hospitality, health care, office products and web based e-commerce. Experience in these areas is a plus.
Up to 25% travel.